Autumn Activities for Rainy Days for Kids
- 30. 9. 2021 03:30
It is not at all easy to make children not spend the whole day sitting in front of the television. But if you find the right way, kids will enjoy physical activities and look for them themselves. We had written down for you some activities which are guaranteed – children will be entertained.
Whether you turn this list into your autumn bucket list, or you just pick a few of your favorites, you will make some great memories. The key is to slow down and enjoy the rainy days with your family.
- Have a movie marathon complete with popcorn, warm blankets and candles.
- Build a fort. Put pillows in the living room and complete it with movie marathon.
- Build a puzzle. Clear off a table and make it a family project.
- Make an origami. Create fun animals and shapes. Give them to friends or family members as gifts.
- Make paper airplanes. See whose airplane goes the farthest.
- Have breakfast in bed.
- Make a time capsule. Have each family member write down something they are grateful for and include a special item in the time capsule. Then, store it away until a designated date. You can open it as early as Thanksgiving.
- Play a card game. Choose from crazy eights, spoons, go fish, or even poker.
- Play a board game. Play some classic like Monopoly, Scrabble, Candy Land, Risk, Stratego, Axis & Allies etc. or buy something new.
- Play charades. Turn all the autumn drama into a game.
- Rearrange child room. Give the kids graph paper and have them draw out a plan first.
- Take a road trip to a nearby city. Go to a museum, theater, cinema, or just go to the shopping mall.
- Get a book of riddles. See if you can stump each other; then write your own riddles.
- Read a chapter book aloud. Plan to read a chapter or more a night. You can even read a whole series together. With upcoming Halloween read some scary stories.
- Show the kids that science is fun. Try some experiments.
- Cook and bake together. Get ready for the upcoming Halloween and make some creepy foods.
- Visit an orchard. Nothing beats the taste of a freshly picked apple. Go apple picking this autumn and for an extra challenge, balance one on top of your head.
- Visit the pumpkin patch. What better place to pick a pumpkin than at the pumpkin patch. It is one of the most exciting fall things to do for families because most producers also include other activities, such as hayrides, to enhance the experience.
- Carving pumpkins. Prepare the pumpkin and set yourself a timer! The fun of scooping out pumpkin guts is as good as it gets as far as fall activities
- Participate in a Halloween costume contest. Trick-or-treating is one of the best places to show off your costumes, but take it up a notch and attend a Halloween event where you can enter your ensemble into a contest. Not all is not lost even if you have nowhere to go, if there’s no costume contests near you, perhaps you can submit your costume to a virtual contest
Prepare for the Halloween:
- HALLOWEEN 🎃 Original Family Costumes
- HALLOWEEN 🎃 Party for Kids – Full Day of Halloween Games
- HALLOWEEN 🎃 Spooky Party Kids Songs
- HALLOWEEN 🎃10 Movies for Kids – Scary-Friendly
- HALLOWEEN 🎃 8 Easy Recipes & Treats for Little Kids
- 30. 9. 2021 updated: 30. 9. 2021