Hello Baby – Must-Haves Before Baby Born
26. 1. 2021
19. 2. 2024
Photo by Tanya – Arizona Wedding Photographer
There are a ton of to-dos when prepping for baby’s arrival, and shopping for all the baby essentials is not least among them.
From setting up the nursery to gathering the gear for sleeping, eating and diapering, it’s easy to keep busy buying baby must-haves. It may seem like your newborn requires a lot of gear — and guess what? Does!
But does the baby really need that much? It’s not always easy to tell what you’ll really need.
That’s why we wrote it down for you! This is our list of baby must-haves to help keep your little miracle healthy, safe and comfy during those first hard weeks and the lovely months.
Here Are the Real Baby Must-Haves
- Wardrobe essentials
- Nursery essentials
- Diapering essentials
- Bath essentials
- Feeding essentials
- Gear essentials
Be sure you really need to buy clothes for your baby. Because if your B-day coming or Christmas time it is possible you are going to receive many, many, MANY clothes for your little one. But anyway here is what you can’t miss to buy!
- onesies – envelope folds at the shoulders and snaps at the crotch
- kimono-style shirts with snaps or envelope folds at the shoulders
- pants – footies can be a great option
- many one-piece pajamas
- rompers or other dress-up outfits
- sweaters or jackets – front buttoned
- socks or booties – shoes are unnecessary until baby starts walking
- newborn hats – light/soft for a summer baby, thicker cap that covers ears for a winter baby
- no-scratch mittens
- wearable blankets for the winter
- bunting bag or fleece suit for the winter
- lightweight and heavy stroller blankets
- gentle laundry detergent
Of course, don’t forget the weather season. I could write you a hundred kinds of stuff of clothes but be sure you really need this based on the weather time your baby supposed to come into the world.
A baby’s room calls for adorable decor (upcoming article) for sure, but you’ll also need furniture and baby bedding that will make infant care all the easier and safer.
- Crib or cradle
- firm, flat mattress that fits snugly in the crib
- fitted crib sheets
- rocking chair or glider
- baby monitor – check our Annie Baby Monitor and why this one
- diaper changing table or dresser with changing pad
- toy basket
- diaper pail
Photo source: Pinterest.com
These baby diapering must-haves will help you with this daunting job – but don’t worry it’s just for the first time you’ll get the hang of it.
- large boxes of disposable newborn-size diapers, or dozen cloth diapers
- large boxes of baby wipes
- large tubes of baby butt cream
- diaper pail
Bath time can be tons of fun. Best be prepared with all the right stuff.
- baby bathtub
- baby shampoo and body wash
- hooded baby towels
- soft washcloths
- baby lotion or oil
Photo source: Pinterest.com
Be prepared to feed your newborn around the clock—which means, whether you’re breastfeeding or bottle-feeding, you’re going to need a whole bunch of baby things for mealtime. So this part is not that much for the baby like for the mother. Let us help you!
- bottle brush – to make it super clean for the little miracle
- dishwasher basket for small items
- formula – if not nursing
- Breast pump – if you plan to breastfeed
- milk storage bags – if breastfeeding
- nursing pads – if breastfeeding
- nipple cream – if breastfeeding
- comfy chair
- many bibs
- soft cloths
- baby feeding pillow – not necessary
- bottle warmer
- bottle sterilizer – not necessary
- infant car seat or convertible car seat
- baby carrier
- baby swing or bouncer
- play mat
Shop smart for your new baby with this checklist of infant necessities, nice-to-haves, and baby items you don’t need to spend money on.
Final Tip: Annie Baby Monitor – Your Essential 3-in-1 Helper
If you’re getting ready for your little one’s arrival, don’t forget to put baby monitor on your list of essentials.
Annie Baby Monitor has got everything you need as a new parent, all in one place. It’s not just a baby monitor – it’s also a baby tracker and a lullaby player, so you can keep an eye on your baby’s safety, sleep history, feeding schedule, diaper changes, and more.
Best of all, it comes with a built-in lullaby player that can help soothe your baby and ensure peaceful nights for everyone.
Trust me, Annie Baby Monitor is one of the best things you can get for your baby gear collection!