What Type of Baby Monitor is Best?
It really depends on what makes you feel the most calm. But the best baby monitor should have at least:
- Audio that allow you to listen in on baby
- Video that keep an eye on baby’s every move
- Wearable that track vitals like sleep and breathing
How to Choose a Baby Monitor?
Determining what monitor to purchase depends on which factors are most important to you, such as:
- Display quality/screen size: Some video monitors have larger screens with higher resolutions that offer a clearer image. Others come with smaller screens, and still others rely on an app you view on your cell phone—so it depand on the size of your phone.
- Range: How far away you can be from the nursery and still get uninterrupted monitoring varies. This is an especially important factor to consider if you live in an older home with thick, plaster walls or a home with multiple floors.
- Portability: Some cameras must be wall mounted while others can stand alone and travel away from home.
- Communication: This popular feature lets you speak to your baby over the monitor.
- Battery life: This determines how long you can carry the monitor screen around before having to plug it in to charge. Plus can be the battery alert.
- Specialized features: Besides watching your little one, some cameras also monitor the room’s temperature and your baby’s vitals, also, motion detection can be handy as night vision.
Now that you have an idea of what to expect from the baby monitor, you can choose the best one! Here are the best baby monitor picks to get through a full night with less stress and more rest.
Eufy Video Baby Monitor
Favourite non-Wi-Fi baby monitor
- Better video and image quality, range, battery life, and other important factors set the Eufy apart from every other local-video baby monitor available.
Price: $160 🛒
Infant Optics DXR-8
A basic monitor with a proven track record
- Keep a close eye on your little ones as they sleep with the Infant Optics DXR-8 LCD Video Baby Monitor. This unique baby monitor features interchangeable lenses for the perfect view. With no confusing setup, just simply plug in to get peace of mind.
Price: $165.99 🛒
Arlo Baby Monitoring Camera & Stand
Decorative Baby Wi-Fi Monitor
- This baby monitor use the Arlo app to watch, listen in, and talk using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Arlo Baby can record a video when motion or sound is detected.
Price: $149.99 🛒
Nanit Smart Baby Monitor
Best High-Tech Video Baby Monitor
- The Nanit has a 960-pixel HD camera equipped with night vision. While you’re monitoring baby via your smartphone, you can hear your little one even while using other apps or while your screen is locked. Parents can track insights such as breathe how long baby has slept.
Price: $299.99 🛒
Annie Baby Monitor App
Not Only Budget Pick
- Annie baby monitor transfers high-quality live video from the child’s room to you over both Wi-Fi and cellular connections. With smart notifications, you will always have an overview of what is happening to your baby. Feel secure knowing that you can hear and communicate with your child from any location – press a button and speak. The security of our little ones is top priority. All communication between the child and the parent device is securely encrypted.
*Price: Pricing depand on on how long you plan to use Annie Baby monitor – subscription is weekly, monthly, or yearly.
Do You Need a Baby Monitor?
If you sleep in the same room as your baby or live in a small space where you can always hear or see what your baby is up to, you probably don’t need a monitor. Otherwise, most parents enjoy the convenience a baby monitor provides—instead of needing to stay close to the nursery or constantly checking on your child, you’re free to rest, catch up on Netflix, get some romantic dinner or get things done around the house anytime baby is resting. Monitors can also double as a nanny cam to keep an eye on your child and their caretaker when you’re not at home.
Turn Your Phone Into a Baby Monitor! How? Click HERE!
Might be interesting for you:
- Must-Haves Before Baby Born
- Best Teething Toys for Babies
- Best Apps for New Moms
- Toys for the little ones