Wanna Baby Girl? Best Tips on How to Conceive A Girl
- 24. 5. 2022 03:30
Do you want a baby girl? Do you already have one or more boys and want to see whether you can balance the genders in your home? There are many beliefs and claims regarding how to influence whether you have a boy or a girl baby, but the scientific facts are unmistakable. For each pregnancy, the chances of having a boy or a girl are nearly equal. Even though some couples appear to produce solely boys or girls, this patterning is due to chance rather than control.
Can You Influence Baby Gender?
It all depends on whoever you ask. Some high-tech medical procedures can significantly boost your odds of having a girl. The company who sell them may even claim that they can increase your odds to 100% or close to it. I’ll get to that in a minute. But the bottom line is that there is no natural, non-medical technique to guarantee preferred sex.
However, there are several wives’ tales and beliefs that parents swear by to influence it. Among them are:
- Timing (the Shettles and the Whelan Method)
- Sex position
Diet to Conceive a Girl
According to one study, eating more fruits and veggies will help you conceive a female child.
Some individuals believe that eating a vegetarian diet, especially items like spinach, almonds, and broccoli, can help you conceive a girl.
Choose foods high in calcium and magnesium naturally, such as:
Keep in mind that being acidic is hazardous for your body, but if you want to give it a shot, stock up on foods like:
Some individuals feel you should stay away from alkaline foods like:
To avoid neural tube problems, it is more vital to have a healthy kid and enough folate in your body.
A diet strong in sodium and potassium promotes male sperm, according to the same research that suggests eating more fruits and vegetables helps you conceive a girl.
Vitamins to Conceive a Girl
A low-sodium, high-calcium diet combined with sex before ovulation enhanced the chances of producing a girl, according to the researchers. They also discovered that diet had the greatest influence on the success rate.
Because this was a tiny study, drawing firm conclusions from the findings is challenging. If you want a daughter, though, there’s no harm in using the theory when trying to conceive. To establish when ovulation happens, you’ll need to use ovulation testing or natural means.
The Shettles Method
Male sperm cells (carrying the Y chromosomes) are smaller, lighter, faster, and more fragile, according to Dr. Landrum Shettles, who developed the “Shettles Method.” Female sperm cells (carrying the X chromosomes) are bigger, heavier, slower, but more durable.
So, if you have intercourse a few days after ovulation, your chances of having a girl are better since the male sperm cells will have died but the female sperm cell may be strong enough to make it all the way through.
The Whelan Method
Dr. Elizabeth Whelan developed the Whelan Method based on Dr. Rodrigo Guerrero’s research, which revealed that intercourse soon before or after ovulation increased the chances of having a girl.
The Whelan approach clearly contradicts the Shettles Strategy, and it’s worth mentioning that it appears that using this sex-selection method may actually reduce your chances of becoming pregnant by preventing you from having sex when you’re most fertile.
What Position Will Conceive a Girl?
The logic is based on the fact that boy sperm is less durable than female sperm. They can swim quickly, but only for brief periods of time. So, like Missionary, you want to choose sexual positions that get them as close to the cervix as feasible.
If you want to have a daughter, there are a few extra things to think about in the bedroom. First, the female orgasm secretes an alkaline substance that may aid sperm survival. As a result, some individuals feel that a woman who is wanting to conceive a girl should avoid climaxing. It’s also thought that having a lot of intercourse leading up to your important conception window may assist screen out male sperm by lowering your partner’s sperm count.
What Are the Chances of Having a Baby Girl?
To begin, we need to discuss gametogenesis, which is the process by which sex cells are produced. In the case of men, sperm, and in the case of women, eggs.
The egg and sperm cells, like the rest of the body’s cells, do not have 23 pairs of chromosomes but instead have 23 chromosomes each. When a sperm cell fertilizes an egg, a zygote is formed that has all 46 chromosomes, 23 from the mother and 23 from the father.
Because, as previously stated, women have two X chromosomes, eggs always have an X chromosome. Sperm, on the other hand, can have either an X or a Y chromosome. As a result, if an X-chromosome sperm fertilizes an egg, the ensuing zygote will be female (XX). If the sperm that fertilizes the egg carries a Y chromosome, however, the zygote will be male (XY). In summary, whether you have a boy or a girl is determined by whether the sperm that fertilizes the egg is X or Y.
TIP 1: Consult Your Doctor
It’s advisable to see your doctor to make sure you’re not jeopardizing your health or ruining your attempts to conceive. At the end of the day, having a healthy mother and baby is more important, and gender doesn’t really matter.
TIP 2: Consult a Clinic About Sperm Sorting Processes
Via a procedure known as cytometric sorting, sperm can be separated into Y-chromosomal and X-chromosomal sperm, and then impregnated with the desired sperm using artificial insemination or in vitro fertilization. Sperm that leads to girls can absorb more fluorescent dye than sperm that leads to boys because X chromosomes are somewhat larger than Y chromosomes. After that, the sperm can be separated and the desired sex of the baby can be determined. Although sperm sorting is exceedingly effective, it is not without flaws. However, it can be expensive, and it may not be available to all potential parents.
TIP 3: Investigate Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGD)
This treatment can be performed on in vitro fertilization embryos. It enables clinicians to identify specific sex embryos, allowing for sex selection prior to embryonic implantation. PGD can detect chromosomal abnormalities and diseases in addition to identifying (and potentially selecting) embryos of a specific sex.
- The process, while highly effective, is costly and invasive, and it raises ethical questions about the appropriateness of embryo sex selection. In other countries, sex screening is really prohibited. Exceptions are made in some nations, such as the United Kingdom, only where there is a medical reason to test for sex, such as sex-specific genetic illnesses.
- Other doctors accept post-fertilization sex selection in circumstances when it is medically necessary, but oppose it in cases where it is done for personal reasons.
- The process claims to be 100 percent accurate in determining the sex of an embryo while it is still in the lab before it is implanted in the womb.
How Do I Increase My Chances of Having a Baby Girl?
- 2.5–4 days before ovulation, have sex. Because timing sex is crucial, keeping an ovulation chart might help you anticipate when you’ll ovulate and have a lot of intercourse before releasing an egg.
- From the day you complete your period, have sex every day. This aids in the deposit of a large number of longer-lasting X sperm, which are thus ready to fertilize the egg once it is released from the ovaries.
- To conceive a female, you must first prepare. Don’t put off having sex until the last minute. Saving for a home loan is akin to increasing your odds of having a daughter.
How Can I Conceive a Baby Girl Naturally?
Other ways to increase your odds of having a girl child:
- You have sex four to two days prior to your peak day.
- Lower male sperm count can occur spontaneously or as a result of specific conditions such as heat, certain medicines, or poisonous substances.
- Stress: In principle, men with stressful work or personal lives are more likely to have girls because their frail male sperm cannot withstand the stress.
Researchers believe that more female sperm cells are capable of surviving the pressures of in vitro fertilization, which can be highly demanding.
This May Also Interest You:
- What eyes will my baby have? That’s the question!
- 7 First Time Pregnancy Tips
- Poppyseed To Watermelon: Pregnancy by Week
- How to organise a perfect baby shower
- 24. 5. 2022 03:30