What is a Baby Sleeping Bag? Why is it better than traditional blankets and sheets? Or how to choose the right one? If you’re interested in baby sleeping bags and you need more information about them right now, you’re at the right place:
What is a Baby Sleeping Bag?
You may have heard about it before but for those of you who haven’t, let’s get you acquainted. The first thing you need to know about the baby sleeping bag it has no connection to a traditional sleeping bag. In fact, it’s exactly the opposite as it’s not made for outdoor sleeping. It is actually a substitute for traditional blankets and sheets.
Why is it better than traditional blankets and sheets?
It’s simple. If you cover your baby with blankets, they’re bound to come off in the middle of the night and that means sleeping the rest of the night uncovered and possibly cold. Thanks to baby sleeping bags which are designed as wearable blankets, you don’t have to worry about your little one at all.
There are many advantages to sleeping in baby sleeping bags. Sleeping in a warm and stable temperature all night for one, the second being the necessity to sleep in it face up on the baby’s back – the danger of possible suffocation or the risk of SIDS are lower.
How to choose the right one? 5 quick tips how to choose the perfect baby sleeping bag
Here is some advice which is good to follow if you’re choosing the baby sleeping bag for your little angel:
- The bag must fit your baby. It can’t be too big or too small. If the bag is too big, it won’t maintain the right temperature. On the other hand, if it’s too small, it will eventually get uncomfortable for your baby. How to find the right size? It’s easy. Just measure your baby and add 4 – 6 inches (about 10 – 15 cm).
- Remember what season it is. You need one type of sleeping bag for summer and another one, when it’s snowing outside during winter. If you want to save money, you can buy two-piece sleeping bags.
- Focus on quality. There are various types of baby sleeping bags in the shops but they are not all of the same quality. You can usually tell a good sleeping back if it has a flat back panel, soft seams and wide hems. If it has some kind of decorations, they are made from the same comfortable materials as the bag.
- Check if the foot area of the sleeping bag can be opened. Today, majority of bags have zippers in the foot area, but there are still some sleeping bags that don’t give you access from the bottom. Why should you want it? It can be very practical mainly if you want to change your baby’s diaper during the night.
- Check the material the bag is made of. The best materials to be used are natural fibers such as cotton, for example. Flannel or fleece are also very good. For the inside we can recommend cotton or satin.
Do you now know how to choose the right baby sleeping bag and why it’s better than traditional blankets and sheets? Perfect! If you still have some question, write to us in the comments below. Now, there’s nothing stopping you from watching your baby sleeping calmly (for example by our Baby Monitor).
Categorised in: Baby Sleep